It is that time of year again, when European clubs go looking for a player or two to help push them over the top. It is also the time when struggling clubs either buy players to turn things around or put up the garage sale sign in front of the stadium.
This winter transfer window is shaping up to be one of the busiest in recent memory in Europe and the usual power brokers are lining up the cash. Manchester United, Inter Milan, Chelsea and Liverpool have all been linked to potential big-money moves this month.
Another aspect of the January transfer window, as with all windows, is the flood of rumors that hits, linking everybody to everybody else. Ronaldinho to Chelsea? Check. Kaka to Real Madrid? Right. It’s fun to read about as long as you don’t go believing much of it.
So what are some transfers that may actually happen? Here are just a few of the players who have been heavily linked to transfer moves this month.
- PLAYER CLUBS INTERESTED
- Dimitar Berbatov Man U, Chelsea
- Spurs want too much but Berbatov wants out.
- Nicolas Anelka Chelsea
- Goals in bunches but who hasn’t he played for?
- Elano Inter Milan
- Can City really sell its best player? I doubt it.
- Maniche Tottenham, Inter Milan
- Spurs could use him more than Inter.
- Ezequiel Garay Liverpool, Tottenham
- Young defender will boost whoever buys him.
- Giles Barnes West Ham
- Derby wants to keep the young star. It won’t matter.
- Robbie Savage Sunderland
- Who could have imagined a Savage/Keane pairing?
I will provide an updated list throughout the transfer window, as well as a list of actual moves that are made, so keep an eye out for that.
What do you think of these moves? Do you like the idea of Berbatov playing for Man U? Do you really believe Man City would sell Elano? Is there some other player you would rather see your club go after? Share your thoughts below.