If you watched Wednesday’s Champions League action, and you know you did, you saw some amazing goals and quality soccer. The UEFA Cup action today may not be as good, but there are still some appealing match-ups with some big-name teams facing the threat of elimination.
You have Bayern Munich, the tournament favorites, hosting Aberdeen after 2-2 tie in the first leg. You have Atletico Madrid hosting the second-leg against Bolton down a goal and missing Sergio ‘The Spitter’ Augero. You also have Villarreal playing host to Zenit St. Petersberg down 1-0.
Unfortunately for us, Fox Soccer Channel is sticking with showing the EPL teams in the competition, meaning you can watch Tottenham against Slavia Prague at 2:30pm (Tottenham is up 2-1 and at home), then Everton against SK Brann at 5pm (Everton is up 2-0 and at home). Don’t expect much drama from either match.
Here is the full schedule of today’s UEFA Cup matches along with the first-leg scores:
UEFA CUP Round of 32, second leg
- FC Zurich at Hamburg (Hamburg won 1st leg, 3-1)
- Anderlecth at Bordeaux (Anderlecht won 2-1)
- Galatasaray at Bayer Leverkusen (0-0)
- PSV Eindhoven at Helsingborg (PSV Eindhoven won 2-0)
- Marseille at Spartak Moscow (Marseille won 3-0)
- Slavia Prague at Tottenham (Tottenham won 2-1)
- Rangers at Panathanaikos (0-0)
- Rosenborg at Fiorentina (Fiorentina 1-0)
- Aberdeen at Bayern Munich (2-2)
- Sporting Lisbon at FC Basle (Sporting Lisbon won 2-0)
- AEK Athens at Getafe (1-1)
- SK Brann at Everton (Everton won 2-0)
- Bolton at Atletico Madrid (Bolton won 1-0)
- Benfica at Nurnberg (Benfica won 1-0)
- Zenit St. Petersburg at Villarreal (Zenit St. Petersberg won 1-0)
- Werder Bremen at Braga (Werder Bremen won 3-0)
Yes, three of these matches kicked off at 11am Eastern Time so apologies for the late posting.