Good afternoon everybody.
If it seems like the CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Tournament was a long time ago, it might be because you can’t remember many of the results of the games. Your mind was too busy memorizing the images of soccer streaker Tiffany May as she frolicked around Raymond James Stadium rather than the actual matches.
Just when you thought Miss May’s 15 minutes were up, I’m back for one last hurrah thanks to my extended delay in posting the winning captions that went with this photo:
Photo by ISI Photos
Here are the 12 best captions, with the person who submitted the very best caption being awarded a free t-shirt from Objectivo Apparel (SBI readers get free shipping on T-Shirts, just use the code IVES).
12. Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome the new mascot for your Los Angeles Galaxy! (Artie)
11. Nobody had the heart to tell the young lady that the Mons Venus tryouts were further down the street. (SBI)
10. sam’s army just got a whole lot bigger… (HDTV)
9. Get arrested or sit around and watch these hacks try to finish? See ya." (Steve)
8. Cheap Tickets to the game $15.00, Front row tickets on the night a streaker shows up $50.00, Being the cameraman 10 feet from the streaker with a $20,000 camera that has 100 times HD optical zoom…..Priceless (Scott)
7. Shortly after this excited supporter took the field, calls of ‘Man On!’ filled the Stadium. (Justice)
6. "Is that an offside flag in your pocket." (Guillermo)
5. After this little Johnny found his calling in life: Stadium security (David)
4. What Ruud Gullit really meant by bringing "sexy football" to America… (G-Loff)
3. Don Garber: Damn! I gotta bring back the Mutiny! (David Berger)
2. For the man without $4300 to spend (Whitescandal)
And the winner of the Olympic Streaker Edition of You Write the Caption……….
1. "Someone help, I just escaped from Chuck Blazer’s house." (Sinter)
Congratulations to Sinter, who won a very close race with Whitescandal. Sinter will win a free t-shirt of his choice from SBI Sponsor Objectivo Apparel. A reminder to all SBI readers, you can get free shipping on Objectivo t-shirts by using the code IVES during your order.
And yes, I made it 12 instead of the usual Top 10 because there were that many good ones.