by FRANCO PANIZO
Wolverhampton Wanderers entered the Premiership season struggling mightily, having won only two games in its first three-and-a-half months in the league. But the tide turned for the club when Marcus Hahnemann made his team debut on Nov. 29, and this weekend's result was just the latest piece of evidence that Hahnemann is still capable of playing at a high level.
Hahnemann, who has helped Wolves win three out of the fives games he's played in, enjoyed a solid outing, as he made five saves against Burnley en route to posting his second shut-out of the season. The U.S. national team goalkeeper's performance in the 2-0 win helped push Wolves to 12th place in the Premiership's standings.
Hahnemann wasn't the only player to enjoy a solid weekend. DaMarcus Beasley continued his fine form by adding a goal and an assist in Rangers' rout of Motherwell, and Clint Dempsey notched an assist seconds into the second half of Fulham's 3-0 dismantling of Manchester United.
Not all was positive this weekend, though. Carlos Bocanegra failed to see the field for the third straight game for Stade Rennes, who defeated Paris Saint-Germain 1-0. Bocanegra, who has played in 14 league games this season, dressed, but was a spectator in the club's shut-out win as he was an unused substitute.
Here is how the Americans Abroad fared this weekend:
- Tim Howard started and played 90 minutes in Everton's 1-1 draw vs. Birmingham on Saturday.
- Jozy Altidore did not dress in Hull City's 3-0 loss vs. Arsenal on Saturday.
- Clint Dempsey started, played 90 minutes and had an ASSIST in Fulham's 3-0 win vs. Manchester United on Saturday.
- Eddie Johnson did not dress in Fulham's 3-0 win vs. Manchester United on Saturday.
- Jonathan Spector dressed but did not play in West Ham's 1-1 draw vs. Chelsea on Saturday.
- Brad Friedel started and played 90 minutes in Aston Villa's 1-0 win vs. Stoke City on Saturday.
Brad Guzan dressed but did not play in Aston Villa's 1-0 win vs. Stoke City on Saturday.
Marcus Hahnemann started, played 90 minutes and made five saves in Wolverhampton Wanderers' 2-0 win vs. Burnley on Saturday.
COCA COLA CHAMPIONSHIP
- Jay DeMerit started and played 90 minutes in Watford's 2-1 loss vs. Peterborough United on Saturday.
- Frank Simek came off the bench and played 36 minutes in Sheffield Wednesday's 2-0 loss vs. Swansea City on Saturday.
- Zak Whitbread did not dress in Millwall's 4-4 draw vs. Charlton Athletic on Saturday.
- Ian Joyce dressed but did not play in Southend United's 1-0 loss vs. Exeter City on Saturday.
- Mike Grella dressed but did not play in Leeds United's 1-0 win vs. Southampton on Saturday.
- Jemal Johnson dressed but did not play in Milton Keynes Dons' 1-0 loss vs. Brentford on Saturday.
- Jon-Paul Pittman came off the bench and played 37 minutes in Wycombe Wanderers' 2-2 draw vs. Oldham Athletic on Saturday.
- Maurice Edu did not dress in Rangers' 6-1 win vs. Motherwell on Saturday.
- DaMarcus Beasley started, played 90 minutes, had an ASSIST and scored a GOAL in Rangers' 6-1 win vs. Motherwell on Saturday.
- Dominic Cervi did not dress in Celtic's 2-1 loss vs. Heart of Midlothian on Saturday.
- Oguchi Onyewu and AC Milan's game vs. Fiorentina was postponed due to snow. Onyewu is still recovering from a knee injury.
- Michael Bradley started and played 90 minutes in Borussia Moenchengladbach's 3-2 loss vs. Bayer Leverkusen on Saturday.
- Steve Cherundolo started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in Hannover 96's 3-2 loss vs. VfL Bochum on Saturday.
- Sal Zizzo did not dress in Hannover 96's 3-2 loss vs. VfL Bochum on Saturday. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Jermaine Jones did not dress in Schalke 04's 1-0 win vs. Mainz on Friday. He is recovering from a leg injury.
- Kenny Cooper did not dress in TSV 1860 Munich's 1-1 draw vs. FC Union Berlin on Sunday. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Luis Robles and Kaiserslautern play FC Augsburg on Monday.
- Matt Taylor dressed but did not play in FSV Frankfurt's 1-0 win vs. TUS Koblenz on Friday.
- David Yeldell did not dress in TUS Koblenz's 1-0 loss vs. FSV Frankfurt on Friday. He is recovering from an injury.
- Carlos Bocanegra dressed but did not play in Stade Rennes' 1-0 win vs. Paris Saint-Germain on Saturday.
- Freddy Adu dressed but did not play in Belenenses' 1-0 loss vs. Uniao de Leiria on Sunday.
- Kamani Hill did not dress in Vitoria de Guimaraes' 1-0 win vs. Rio Ave on Saturday.
What do you think of these performances? Should Hahnemann be the U.S. team's number two goalkeeper? How optimistic are you about Beasley's form? What did you think of Dempsey's assist? Concerned by Bocanegra's benching, or do you think he will regain his starting spot?
Share your thoughts below.