By FRANCO PANIZO
If Clarence Goodson is trying to keep himself in the conversation for a spot on the U.S. men's national team for this summer's World Cup qualifying, he did a good job of that this weekend.
Playing in his third game since Denmark's Superliga's winter break ended, Goodson scored the winner as Brondby IF knocked off FC Nordsjaelland, 2-1. The goal, which came on a headed effort, was Goodson's second of the season. The victory put Brondby seven points clear of the relegation zone.
Fabian Johnson also helped his team get on the scoresheet, drawing a penalty kick that was converted by a teammate in TSG 1899 Hoffenheim's 2-1 defeat to VfB Stuttgart. Johnson drew the foul after making a run from deep on the left flank. He started and went 90 minutes in the match.
Another positive from this weekend was Alejandro Bedoya ending his spell on the bench for Rangers by starting and playing 83 minutes in the club's 2-1 loss to Dundee United. The match may not have been good from a team perspective, but it marked Bedoya's first appearance for Rangers since December 17.
Here is how the Americans Abroad fared this weekend:
- Tim Howard started, played 90 minutes and made 1 save in Everton's 1-1 draw vs. Sunderland in the FA Cup quarterfinals on Saturday.
- Marcus Hahnemann dressed but did not play for Everton.
- Clint Dempsey started and played 90 minutes in Fulham's 3-0 loss vs. Swansea City on Saturday.
- Brad Friedel dressed but did not play in Tottenham Hotspur's abandoned 1-1 draw vs. Bolton Wanderers in the FA Cup quaterfinals on Saturday.
- Brad Guzan and Aston Villa did not play this weekend.
- Eric Lichaj and Aston Villa did not play this weekend.
- Stuart Holden did not dress in Bolton Wanderers' abandoned 1-1 draw vs. Tottenham Hotspur in the FA Cup quarterfinals on Saturday. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Tim Ream dressed but did not play Bolton Wanderers.
- Zak Whitbread started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in Norwich City's 1-0 loss vs. Newcastle United on Sunday.
- Adam Henley and Blackburn Rovers did not play this weekend.
- Jonathan Spector did not dress in Birmingham City's 3-0 win vs. Middlesbrough on Saturday. He is recovering from a thigh injury.
- Conor Doyle did not dress in Derby County's 2-1 win vs. Doncaster Rovers on Saturday. He is recovering from a hamstring injury.
- Robbie Findley and Nottingham Forest did not play this weekend.
- Daniel Potts did not dress in West Ham United's 1-1 draw vs. Leeds United on Saturday.
- Robbie Rogers did not dress in Leeds United's 1-1 draw vs. West Ham United on Saturday.
- Frank Simek started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in Carlisle United's 1-1 draw vs. AFC Bournemouth on Saturday.
- Anton Peterlin came off the bench and played 26 minutes in Walsall's 2-1 loss vs. Yeovil Town on Saturday.
- Mike Grella started and played 58 minutes in Bury's 4-1 loss vs. Wycombe Wanderers on Saturday.
- Maurice Edu started and played 90 minutes in Rangers' 2-1 loss vs. Dundee United on Saturday.
- Carlos Bocanegra did not dress for Rangers. He was serving a one-game suspension for yellow card accumulation.
- Alejandro Bedoya started and played 83 minutes for Rangers.
- Dominic Cervi did not dress in Celtic's 1-0 loss vs. Kilmarnock in the Scottish League Cup final on Sunday.
- Michael Bradley started and played 90 minutes in Chievo Verona's 2-2 draw vs. Bologna on Sunday.
- Steve Cherundolo started and played 90 minutes in Hannover 96's 4-1 win vs. FC Cologne on Sunday.
- Jermaine Jones started and played 90 minutes in Schalke 04's 4-1 win vs. Kaiserslautern on Sunday.
- Timmy Chandler started and played 66 minutes in FC Nurnberg's 3-1 loss vs. VfL Wolfsburg on Saturday.
- Fabian Johnson started, played 90 minutes and drew a penalty kick in TSG 1899 Hoffenheim's 2-1 loss vs. VfB Stuttgart on Friday.
- Danny Williams started and played 90 minutes for TSG 1899 Hoffenheim.
- Joe Gyau did not dress for TSG 1899 Hoffenheim. He is with the U.S. Under-23 men's national team.
- Terrence Boyd did not dress in Borussia Dortmund's 1-0 win vs. Werder Bremen on Saturday.
- Alfredo Morales came off the bench, played 45 minutes, received a yellow card and gave up two penalty kicks in Hertha Berlin's 6-0 loss vs. Bayern Munich on Saturday.
- David Yelldell dressed but did not play in Bayer Leverkusen's 2-1 loss vs. Borussia Moenchengladbach on Saturday.
- Andrew Wooten came off the bench and played 28 minutes in Kaiserslautern's 4-1 loss vs. Schalke 04 on Sunday.
- Luis Robles did not dress in Karlsruher SC's 2-2 draw vs. Hansa Rostock on Sunday.
- Bobby Wood dressed but did not play in TSV 1860 Munich's 4-1 loss vs. SpVgg Greuther Furth on Saturday.
- Matt Taylor came off the bench and played 23 minutes in SC Paderborn 07's 4-0 loss vs. FC Ingolstadt 04 on Saturday.
- Quentin Westberg did not dress in Evian Thonon Gaillard's 2-0 win vs. AJ Auxerre on Saturday.
- Charlie Davies did not dress in Sochaux's 2-0 win vs. Nice on Sunday.
- Jozy Altidore started and played 76 minutes in AZ Alkmaar's 0-0 draw vs. NAC Breda on Sunday.
- Oguchi Onyewu and Sporting CP play Gil Vicente on Monday.
- Eugene Starikov did not dress in Zenit St Petersburg's 5-1 win vs. Dinamo Moscow on Friday.
- Sacha Kljestan started and played 82 minutes in RSC Anderlecht's 2-2 draw vs. St. Truiden on Sunday.
- Mikkel Diskerud did not dress in KAA Gent's 3-1 win vs. KV Kortrijk on Sunday. He is with the U.S. Under-23 men's national team.
- Michael Parkhurst started and played 90 minutes in FC Nordsjaelland's 2-1 loss vs. Brondby IF on Sunday.
- Clarence Goodson started, played 90 minutes and scored a GOAL in Brondby IF's 2-1 win vs. FC Nordsjaelland on Sunday.
- Chris Rolfe and Aalborg BK play HB Koge on Monday.
- Conor O'Brien came off the bench and played 8 minutes in SonderjyskE's 4-2 loss vs. Silkeborg IF on Sunday.
- Brad Rusin and HB Koge play Aalborg BK on Monday.
- Jose Torres started and played 64 minutes in Pachuca's 3-2 win vs. Atlante on Saturday.
- Herculez Gomez did not dress in Santos Laguna's 1-0 win vs. Cruz Azul on Saturday. He is recovering from a hip injury.
- DaMarcus Beasley started and played 90 minutes in Puebla's 1-0 loss vs. San Luis on Sunday.
- Sonny Guadarrama did not dress in Atlante's 3-2 loss vs. Pachuca on Saturday.
- Jonathan Bornstein did not dress in Tigres UANL's 1-0 win vs. Club Tijuana on Saturday.
- Adrian Ruelas did not dress in Jaguares de Chiapas' 3-0 win vs. Atlas on Saturday.
- Michael Orozco Fiscal started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in San Luis' 1-0 win vs. Puebla on Sunday.
- Edgar Castillo started and played 90 minutes in Club Tijuana's 1-0 loss vs. Tigres UANL on Saturday.
- Joe Corona did not dress for Club Tijuana. He is with the U.S. Under-23 men's national team.
- Greg Garza did not dress for Club Tijuana.
What do you think of these performances? Impressed by Goodson's goal? Salivating at the thought of seeing Johnson make those type of runs for the U.S. men's national team this summer? Do you see Bedoya building on his performance?
Share your thoughts below.