By FRANCO PANIZO
Michael Bradley has scored in a number of countries during his eight-year career, and he can now add Italy to the list.
Bradley opened his Serie A account this past Saturday when he placed a low shot to the bottom right corner of Chievo Verona's 3-2 win over Catania. Bradley's sixth-minute goal was the opener in the game, and it helped Chievo extend its unbeaten streak to four games. The win raised Chievo to ninth place in the Serie A standings.
Clint Dempsey also found the back of the net, continuing his fine run of form with a two-goal performance that led Fulham to a 3-0 victory over Bolton Wanderers on Saturday. Dempsey scored on a free kick for the first time in his career in the match before heading in a cross to raise his goals scored season total to 21 across all competitions.
The two other Americans to tally goals this weekend both did so in Mexico. DaMarcus Beasley scored his third goal in Puebla's last five games by netting the equalizer in the club's 2-1 win over Toluca, and Joe Corona rifled in the winner in Tijuana's 2-1 victory versus Atlante.
Here is how the Americans Abroad performed this weekend:
- Tim Howard started, played 90 minutes and made 4 saves in Everton's 2-2 draw vs. Norwich City on Saturday. Howard and Everton play Sunderland on Monday.
- Marcus Hahnemann did not dress for Everton. Hahnemann and Everton play Sunderland on Monday.
- Clint Dempsey started, played 90 minutes and scored TWO GOALS in Fulham's 3-0 win vs. Bolton Wanderers on Saturday. Dempsey and Fulham play Chelsea on Monday.
- Brad Friedel started, played 90 minutes and made 3 saves in Tottenham Hotspur's 0-0 draw vs. Sunderland on Saturday. Friedel and Tottenham Hotspur play Norwich City on Monday.
- Brad Guzan dressed but did not play in Aston Villa's 1-1 draw vs. Liverpool on Saturday. Guzan and Aston Villa play Stoke City on Monday.
- Eric Lichaj started and played 90 minutes for Aston Villa. Lichaj and Aston Villa play Stoke City on Monday.
- Tim Ream started and played 90 minutes in Bolton Wanderers' 3-0 loss vs. Fulham on Saturday. Ream and Bolton Wanderers play Newcastle United on Monday.
- Stuart Holden did not dress for Bolton Wanders. He is recovering from a knee injury. Holden and Bolton Wanderers play Newcastle United on Monday.
- Zak Whitbread did not dress in Norwich City's 2-2 draw vs. Everton on Saturday. Whitbread and Norwich City play Tottenham Hotspur on Monday.
- Adam Henley did not dress in Blackburn Rovers's 3-0 loss vs. West Bromwich Albion on Saturday.
- Jonathan Spector did not dress in Birmingham City's 3-1 win vs. Crystal Palace on Saturday. He is recovering from a thigh injury. Spector and Birmingham City play West Ham United on Monday.
- Conor Doyle did not dress in Derby County's 0-0 draw vs. Ipswich Town on Saturday. He is recovering from a hamstring injury. Doyle and Derby County play Leeds United on Monday.
- Robbie Findley did not dress in Nottingham Forest's 1-0 loss vs. Bristol City on Saturday. Findley and Nottingham Forest play Peterborough United on Monday.
- Daniel Potts did not dress in West Ham United's 4-0 win vs. Barnsley on Friday. Potts and West Ham United play Birmingham City on Monday.
- Robbie Rogers came off the bench and played 5 minutes in Leeds United's 2-0 loss vs. Reading on Friday. Rogers and Leeds United play Derby County on Monday.
- Frank Simek started and played 90 minutes in Carlisle United's 1-1 draw vs. Wycombe Wanderers on Friday. Simek and Carlisle United play Scunthorpe United on Monday.
- Anton Peterlin did not dress in Walsall's 3-2 win vs. Chesterfield on Saturday. Peterlin and Walsall play Charlton Athletic on Monday.
- Mike Grella did not dress in Bury's 3-0 loss vs. Brentford on Saturday. Grella and Bury play Colchester United on Monday.
- Maurice Edu started and played 90 minutes in Rangers' 3-1 win vs. St Mirren on Saturday.
- Carlos Bocanegra started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card for Rangers. He was serving a suspension for being ejected from last week's game.
- Alejandro Bedoya dressed but did not play for Rangers.
- Dominic Cervi did not dress in Celtic's 6-0 win vs. Kilmarnock on Saturday.
- Michael Bradley started, played 90 minutes and scored a GOAL in Chievo Verona's 3-2 win vs. Catania on Saturday.
- Steve Cherundolo dressed but did not play in Hannover 96's 3-0 loss vs. Schalke 04 on Sunday.
- Jermaine Jones did not dress in Schalke 04's 3-0 win vs. Hannover 96 on Sunday. He was serving a suspension for yellow card accumulation.
- Timmy Chandler started and played 90 minutes in FC Nurnberg's 2-2 draw vs. SC Freiburg on Saturday.
- Fabian Johnson started and played 90 minutes in TSG 1899 Hoffenheim's 2-1 win vs. Kaiserslautern on Saturday.
- Danny Williams started and played 90 minutes for TSG 1899 Hoffenheim.
- Joe Gyau did not dress for TSG 1899 Hoffenheim.
- Terrence Boyd did not dress in Borussia Dortmund's 3-1 win vs. VfL Wolfsburg on Saturday.
- Alfredo Morales dressed but did not play in Hertha Berlin's 0-0 draw vs. Borussia Moenchengladbach on Saturday.
- David Yelldell did not dress in Bayer Leverkusen's 1-1 draw vs. Hamburg SV on Sunday.
- Andrew Wooten came off the bench and played 27 minutes in Kaiserslautern's 2-1 loss vs. TSG 1899 Hoffenheim on Saturday.
- Luis Robles did not dress in Karlsruher SC's 0-0 draw vs. VfL Bochum on Sunday.
- Bobby Wood did not dress in TSV 1860 Munich's 2-2 draw vs. SC Paderborn 07 on Sunday.
- Matt Taylor came off the bench and played 26 minutes in SC Paderborn 07's 2-2 draw vs. TSV 1860 Munich on Sunday.
- Villyan Bijev came off the bench and played 8 minutes in Fortuna Dusseldorf's 2-1 loss vs. Hansa Rostock on Thursday.
- Quentin Westberg did not dress in Evian Thonon Gaillard's 3-1 loss vs. Stade Rennes on Saturday.
- Charlie Davies did not dress in Sochaux's 2-1 loss vs. Montpellier on Saturday.
- Jozy Altidore and AZ Alkmaar did not play this weekend.
- Oguchi Onyewu and Sporting CP play Benfica on Monday.
- Eugene Starikov did not dress in Zenit St Petersburg's 1-0 win vs. Lokomotiv Moscow on Saturday.
- Sacha Kljestan started and played 90 minutes in RSC Anderlecht's 0-0 draw vs. Standard Liege in the Pro League playoffs on Friday.
- Mikkel Diskerud came off the bench and played 71 minutes in KAA Gent's 2-0 loss vs. Genk in the Pro League playoffs on Saturday.
- Michael Parkhurst started and played 90 minutes in FC Nordsjaelland's 1-1 draw vs. FC Midtjylland on Sunday.
- Clarence Goodson and Brondby IF play HB Koge on Monday.
- Chris Rolfe did not dress in Aalborg BK's 3-1 win vs. Silkeborg IF on Sunday. He was serving a suspension for being ejected last week.
- Conor O'Brien and SonderjyskE play Odense BK on Monday.
- Brad Rusin and HB Koge play Brondby IF on Monday.
- Samuel Petrone did not dress in Mjallby AIF's 0-0 draw vs. Orebro SK on Saturday.
- Matt Pyzdrowski started and played 90 minutes in Angelholms FF's 1-1 draw vs. Trelleborg FF on Friday.
- Lester Dewee came off the bench and played 4 minutes for Angelholms FF.
- Josh Gatt and Molde FK play Brann on Monday.
- Steve Clark and Honefoss BK play Fredrikstad on Monday.
- Ricardo Clark and Stabaek IF play Tromso on Monday.
- Sean Cunningham and Stabaek IF play Tromso on Monday.
- Jose Torres started, played 90 minutes, received a yellow card and had an ASSIST in Pachuca's 1-0 win vs. Pumas UNAM on Sunday.
- Herculez Gomez did not dress in Santos Laguna's 1-1 draw vs. Estudiantes Tecos U.A. de G. on Saturday.
- DaMarcus Beasley started, played 90 minutes and scored a GOAL in Puebla's 2-1 win vs. Toluca on Sunday.
- Sonny Guadarrama came off the bench and played 11 minutes in Atlante's 2-1 loss vs. Club Tijuana on Saturday.
- Jonathan Bornstein did not dress in Tigres UANL's 2-0 loss vs. Monterrey on Saturday.
- Adrian Ruelas did not dress in Jaguares de Chiapas' 3-2 win vs. San Luis on Saturday.
- Michael Orozco Fiscal started and played 90 minutes in San Luis' 3-2 loss vs. Jaguares de Chiapas on Saturday.
- Edgar Castillo started and played 90 minutes in Club Tijuana's 2-1 win vs. Atlante on Saturday.
- Joe Corona started, played 70 minutes and scored a GOAL for Club Tijuana.
- Greg Garza did not dress for Club Tijuana.
What do you think of these performances? Think Bradley will score again before the Serie A season is over? How many more times do you see Dempsey finding the back of the net this campaign? Hoping to see Beasley and Corona called in for the upcoming U.S. men's national team camp in May?
Share your thoughts below.