By FRANCO PANIZO
Kaiserslautern might have been officially relegated, but U.S. Under-23 men's national team forward Andrew Wooten helped the team achieve something it had not done in quite a while.
Wooten scored the winner in the club's 2-1 triumph over Hertha Berlin on Saturday, giving Kaiserslautern their first league victory since October (a span that stretched over 21 games). The goal was Wooten's first as a professional, and will help his case for more playing time as Kaiserslautern prepare for he 2. Bundesliga.
Two more experienced Americans also found the back of the net. DaMarcus Beasley scored his fourth goal of the Clausura season in Puebla's 3-2 loss to America, tying him with Luis Garcia for most on the team this campaign. Jozy Altidore continued his scoring ways, netting the winner in AZ Alkmaar's 2-1 win over VVV Venlo. The goal was Altidore's 19th of the year across all competitions and fifth in his last five games.
Not all the positive news that stemmed from this weekend came from the goal-scorers. Oguchi Onyewu returned to Sporting CP's lineup for the first time in exactly two months in the club's 3-2 win over Nacional de Madeira on Sunday. Onyewu went the distance in the match that saw him fully recovered from the right knee injury he suffered just before the U.S. men's national team's friendly versus Italy in February.
Here is how the Americans Abroad performed this weekend:
- Tim Howard started, played 90 minutes and made four saves in Everton's 4-4 draw vs. Manchester United on Sunday.
- Marcus Hahnemann did not dress for Everton.
- Clint Dempsey started, played 90 minutes and had an ASSIST in Fulham's 2-1 win vs. Wigan Athletic on Saturday.
- Brad Friedel started, played 90 minutes and made two saves in Tottenham Hotspur's 1-0 loss vs. Queens Park Rangers on Saturday.
- Brad Guzan dressed but did not play in Aston Villa's 0-0 draw vs. Sunderland on Saturday.
- Eric Lichaj started and played 90 minutes for Aston Villa.
- Tim Ream started and played 90 minutes in Bolton Wanderers's 1-1 draw with Swansea City on Saturday.
- Stuart Holden did not dress Bolton Wanderers. He is recovering from a knee injury.
- Zak Whitbread did not dress in Norwich City's 2-0 loss vs. Blackburn Rovers on Saturday.
- Adam Henley did not dress in Blackburn Rovers' 2-0 win vs. Norwich City on Saturday.
- Jonathan Spector did not dress in Birmingham City's 1-1 draw vs. Brighton on Saturday. He is recovering from a thigh injury.
- Conor Doyle did not dress in Derby County's 2-1 win vs. Portsmouth on Saturday. He is recovering from a hamstring injury.
- Robbie Findley came off the bench and played 49 minutes in Nottingham Forest's 2-1 loss vs. Hull City on Saturday.
- Robbie Rogers did not dress in Leeds United's 1-1 draw vs. Cardiff City on Saturday. He is recovering from an ankle injury.
- Frank Simek started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in Carlisle United's 2-1 loss vs. Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.
- Anton Peterlin did not dress in Walsall's 4-2 loss vs. Exeter City on Saturday.
- Mike Grella started, played 88 minutes and scored TWO GOALS in Bury's 4-2 win vs. Notts County on Saturday.
- Maurice Edu started and played 90 minutes in Rangers' 3-0 win vs. Heart of MIdlothian on Saturday.
- Carlos Bocanegra started and played 90 minutes for Rangers.
- Alejandro Bedoya dressed but did not play for Rangers.
- Dominic Cervi did not dress in Celtic's 3-0 win vs. Motherwell on Sunday.
- Michael Bradley started and played 90 minutes in Chievo Vorona's 0-0 draw vs. Udinese on Saturday.
- Steve Cherundolo started and played 90 minutes in Hannover 96's 0-0 draw vs. SC Freiburg on Sunday.
- Jermaine Jones started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in Schalke 04's 1-1 draw vs. FC Augsburg on Sunday.
- Timmy Chandler started and played 90 minutes in FC Nurnberg's 1-1 draw vs. Hamburg SV on Saturday.
- Fabian Johnson started and played 90 minutes in TSG 1899 Hoffenheim's 1-0 loss vs. Bayer Leverkusen on Saturday.
- Danny Williams dressed but did not play for TSG 1899 Hoffenheim.
- Joe Gyau did not dress for TSG 1899 Hoffenheim.
- Terrence Boyd did not dress in Borussia Dortmund's 2-0 win vs. Borussia Moenchengladbach on Saturday.
- Alfredo Morales did not dress in Hertha Berlin's 2-1 loss vs. Kaiserslautern on Saturday.
- David Yelldell did not dress in Bayer Leverkusen's 1-0 win vs. TSG 1899 Hoffenheim on Saturday.
- Andrew Wooten started, played 90 minutes before being subbed off and scored a GOAL in Kaiserslautern's 2-1 win vs. Hertha Berlin on Saturday.
- Luis Robles did not dress in Karlsruher SC's 2-0 win vs. SC Paderborn 07 on Sunday.
- Bobby Wood did not dress in TSV 1860 Munich's 4-1 win vs. FC Ingolstadt 04 on Saturday.
- Matt Taylor came off the bench and played 25 minutes in SC Paderborn 07's 2-0 loss vs. Karlsruher SC on Sunday.
- Villyan Bijev did not dress in Fortuna Dusseldorf's 2-1 win vs. FC Union Berlin on Sunday.
- Quentin Westberg dressed but did not play in Evian Thonon Gaillard's 2-1 win vs. Toulouse on Saturday.
- Charlie Davies did not dress in Sochaux's 6-1 loss vs. Paris Saint-Germain on Sunday.
- Jozy Altidore started, played 89 minutes and scored a GOAL in AZ Alkmaar's 2-1 win vs. VVV Venlo on Sunday.
- Oguchi Onyewu started and played 90 minutes in Sporting CP's 3-2 win vs. Nacional de Madeira on Sunday.
- Eugene Starikov did not dress in Zenit St Petersburg's 2-2 draw vs. Kuban Krasnodar on Saturday.
- Sacha Kljestan started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in RSC Anderlecht's 1-0 win vs. Club Brugge in the Pro League playoffs on Sunday.
- Mikkel Diskerud did not dress in KAA Gent's 4-1 win vs. KV Kortrijk in the Pro League playoffs on Saturday.
- Michael Parkhurst did not dress in FC Nordsjaelland's 2-0 win vs. Aalborg BK on Saturday.
- Clarence Goodson started and played 90 minutes in Brondby IF's 2-0 loss vs. FC Midtjylland on Sunday.
- Conor O'Brien started and played 90 minutes in SonderjyskE's 2-1 win vs. HB Koge on Sunday.
- Brad Rusin came off the bench and played 32 minutes in HB Koge's 2-1 loss vs. SonderjyskE on Sunday.
- Samuel Petrone did not dress in Mjallby AIF's 4-3 win vs. Djurgarden IF on Friday.
- Josh Gatt and Molde FK play Lillestrom on Monday.
- Steve Clark started and played 90 minutes in Honefoss BK's 3-1 win vs. Aalesund on Sunday.
- Ricardo Clark started, played 90 minutes and received a yellow card in Stabaek IF's 2-1 loss vs. Sandnes Ulf on Sunday.
- Sean Cunningham started and played 90 minutes for Stabaek IF.
- Jose Torres started and played 90 minutes in Pachuca's 1-1 draw vs. Monterrey on Saturday.
- Herculez Gomez started and played 57 minutes in Santos Laguna's 3-0 win vs. Tigres UANL on Saturday.
- DaMarcus Beasley started, played 90 minutes and scored a GOAL in Puebla's 3-2 loss vs. America on Sunday.
- Sonny Guadarrama did not dress in Atlante's 1-1 draw vs. Morelia on Friday.
- Jonathan Bornstein did not dress in Tigres UANL's 3-0 loss vs. Santos Laguna on Saturday.
- Adrian Ruelas did not dress in Jaguares de Chiapas' 3-0 win vs. Pumas UNAM on Sunday.
- Michael Orozco Fiscal started and played 90 minutes in San Luis' 1-0 loss vs. Club Tijuana on Saturday.
- Edgar Castillo started and played 64 minutes in Club Tijuana's 1-0 win vs. San Luis on Saturday.
- Joe Corona started and played 90 minutes for Club Tijuana.
- Greg Garza started and played 90 minutes for Club Tijuana.
What do you think of these performances? Think Wooten will be a staple in Kaiserslautern's lineup next season? Whose goal impressed you more, Altidore's or Beasley's? Do you see Onyewu returning and performing well with the U.S. men's national team this summer?
Share your thoughts below.