Report: USMNT to play Bosnia & Herzegovina in August

Clint Dempsey

By DAN KARELL

U.S. Men’s National Team manager Jurgen Klinsmann isn’t bucking his trend of scheduling friendly matches against European nations.

According to a report out of Bosnia, the U.S. will play against Bosnia and Herzegovina on August 14 in Sarejevo. The match will be the first for the side following the Gold Cup and the only preparation ahead of two World Cup qualifiers against Costa Rica on the road and Mexico in Columbus.

Bosnia and Herzegovina are currently ranked 21 in FIFA’s rankings, and feature Manchester City forward Edin Dzeko, AS Roma midfielder Miralem Pjanic, and former Saint Louis Billiken and Missouri high school star Vedad Ibisevic.

What do you make of this report? What do you feel about playing Bosnia? Do you see it being a good test ahead of the qualifiers?

This entry was posted in International Soccer, U.S. Men's National Team. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Report: USMNT to play Bosnia & Herzegovina in August

1. drew11 says:

Another friendly this summer? Hilarious. All these USMNT matches remind me of the run up to USA 94. I can’t recall a time since then with so many NT matches. Unbelievable.

• alf says:

WCQ, Gold Cup, U-20 WC what is your point?

• Eric says:

I don’t see how this is “hilarious.” It is a good chance for the squad to whet together prior to the September qualifiers. I guess we have very different senses of humor.

• SBI Troll says:

You must be new to international fútbol. The US has played an August friendly the last few years. Also the Gold Cup roster won’t feature the A team players, so I fail to see your point.

2. Eric says:

This is great to hear. B and H has done really well in WC Qualifying. They should provide a good test before our September qualifiers.

3. Travis says:

Like this quite a bit, won’t be a huge deal to call in European based players since it will be played in Europe. Plus I am all for not doing all of our friendlies at home, mixing in road games is important

4. Guest says:

The more friendlies the better, it gives us a better chance to create better chemistry together when were not playing in official FIFA games. Continuity is important in any team.

5. Old School says:

We’re playing two nations at once?

I like it.

6. k says:

Sounds like a great match. Please let it be abroad. I think Bosnia has a favorable image of our country

7. Beto says:

Cool B&H are a good side. Good August match up

8. Socom 2 says:

Good

Lets call up new players. Even all these dual national wingers that are interested to play for the US.

Our current cycle of players are garbage

9. boosted335 says:

This should serve as a good opportunity to incorporate G.John with the “A” team after the Gold Cup

10. Jacknut says:

Good, we have enough time to invade France and shore up the player pool.

11. Sly says:

Itll be fun watching Edin Dzeko terrorize US defenses. If thats not a trial by fire I dont know what is.

12. Cibralic says:

Dzekooooooo best in the world.
    will score hat trick

13. Eric says:

Bosnia will be ranked 14th in June rankings by FIFA so this is the best possible test for our boys. I just hope we don’t embarrass ourselves like we did against lesser Belgium side who got blown out at home by the same team last time they played.

14. Pingback: USMNT announces Guatemala friendly on July 5th in San Diego | Soccer By Ives

15. Jess says:

Very cool if is true, both teams are about the same so it will be real good game. I was born in Bosnia but spent most of my life in US, so first half i will cheer for Bosnia and second half for US, lol.

16. Sanel says:

This will be an easy one from Bosnia. I mean just look at the players we got Edin Dzeko, Miralem Pjanic, Vedad Ibisevic, Emir Spahic, and not to mention the best goal keeper. Bosnia 4- 0 is what i see happening.