- Americans Abroad: Weekend Preview
- Friday Kickoff: Dos Santos, Ochoa left off Mexico squad; Europa League groups set; and more
- MLS Ticker: Bradley reportedly to miss Peru game; Whitecaps win Canadian Championship; and more
- Richie Williams seeing shift in youth soccer in U.S. ahead of U-17 World Cup
- This Weekend’s Soccer on TV
- Who should the USMNT call up for the September friendlies?
- CONCACAF announces ticket lottery process for USMNT-Mexico clash in October
- CONMEBOL president unsure if Copa America Centenario will be played in USA
SBI Story Calendar
SBI Leading TopicsAmericans Abroad Aron Johannsson Charlie Davies Clint Dempsey CONCACAF CONMEBOL David Beckham David Moyes English Premier League Houston Dynamo John Anthony Brooks John Brooks Jozy Altidore Juan Agudelo Julian Green Jurgen Klinsmann Landon Donovan Liga MX Los Angeles Galaxy Major League Soccer Manchester United Mexico MLS MLS Expansion NASL NBC New England Revolution NWSL Orlando City Orlando City SC Portland Timbers Premier League San Jose Earthquakes soccer Soccer on TV Stoke City Terrence Boyd Tim Howard Tom Sermanni Tottenham U.S. Men's National Team USL PRO USMNT Women's Soccer World Cup
Author Archives: Michael N.
By MIKE NASTRI NEW YORK — The U.S. Soccer Federation did not just hire the 35th head coach in national team history, but it perhaps altered the direction of the entire national team program. Jurgen Klinsmann, the first foreign-born U.S. … Continue reading
The New York Red Bulls surprised many supporters and maybe even themselves with a tie against English juggernaut, Arsenal. The draw clinched the Emirates Cup for New York beating out Boca Juniors, Paris Saint-Germain and hosts Arsenal for the European preseason prize.
After a miserable May and June that included just one win, the New York Red Bulls showed what they can do with a nearly full-strength side.
The Red Bulls overcame a promising start from Toronto FC before finding a good attacking rhythm and dismantling the visitors from Canada in a 5-0 dismantling on Wednesday night.
Thierry Henry and Luke Rodgers each scored in their return to the lineup, while Joel Lindpere continued his hot play with the third goal of the match and assists on both of Juan Agudelo’s match-concluding goals.