- MLS Ticker: Dominic Oduro traded to Impact; Jon Busch returns to Fire; and more
- Tuesday Evening Ticker: Chelsea reaches League Cup final; Ghana advances from AFCON group; and more
- Joe Gallardo, Josh Perez headline U.S. Under-17 spring residency roster
- Red Bulls Notes: No Tim Cahill move yet; Matt Miazga injury not serious; and more
- Red Bulls’ acquisition of Felipe the result of wanting top allocation spot
- Javier Perez names U.S. U-18 squad for tournament in Guadalajara
- U.S. Soccer seeking FIFA exemption to clear Gedion Zelalem for USMNT duty
- NASL Ticker: Dane Murphy to work with Cosmos reserve team; Armada add former Barca coach; and more
- Who should the USMNT start vs. Chile?
- USWNT Notes: Alex Morgan almost fit; Morgan Brian “pivotal”; NWSL to aid college players; and more
- Report: Manchester City to play friendly vs. NYCFC
- Red Bulls secure top allocation spot, Felipe in blockbuster deal with Impact
SBI Story Calendar
SBI Leading TopicsAlejandro Bedoya Americans Abroad Aron Johannsson Charlie Davies Clint Dempsey CONCACAF CONMEBOL David Beckham David Carney David Moyes English Premier League EPL FC Nantes John Anthony Brooks John Brooks Jozy Altidore Juan Agudelo Julian Green Jurgen Klinsmann Landon Donovan Los Angeles Galaxy Major League Soccer Manchester United MLS MLS Expansion NASL NBC NBC Sports Group New England Revolution New York Red Bulls Orlando City Portland Timbers Premier League San Jose Earthquakes soccer Soccer on TV Stoke City Terrence Boyd Tim Howard Tom Sermanni Tottenham U.S. Men's National Team USL PRO USMNT World Cup
Author Archives: Michael N.
By MIKE NASTRI NEW YORK — The U.S. Soccer Federation did not just hire the 35th head coach in national team history, but it perhaps altered the direction of the entire national team program. Jurgen Klinsmann, the first foreign-born U.S. … Continue reading
The New York Red Bulls surprised many supporters and maybe even themselves with a tie against English juggernaut, Arsenal. The draw clinched the Emirates Cup for New York beating out Boca Juniors, Paris Saint-Germain and hosts Arsenal for the European preseason prize.
After a miserable May and June that included just one win, the New York Red Bulls showed what they can do with a nearly full-strength side.
The Red Bulls overcame a promising start from Toronto FC before finding a good attacking rhythm and dismantling the visitors from Canada in a 5-0 dismantling on Wednesday night.
Thierry Henry and Luke Rodgers each scored in their return to the lineup, while Joel Lindpere continued his hot play with the third goal of the match and assists on both of Juan Agudelo’s match-concluding goals.